Saturday, October 9, 2010

Salvation

August 17, 2010

Matthew 19:23-30
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Amen I say to you, it will be hard for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and said, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, " For human beings this is impossible, but for God all things are possible." Then Peter said to Him in reply, "We have given up everything and followed you. What will there be for us?" Jesus said to the, "Amen, I say to you that you who have followed me, in the new age, when the Son of Man is seated on His throne of glory, will yourselves sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive a hundred times more, and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.

SALVATION

As a Christian I had been oriented to do good always for me to be able to enter into God's kingdom. Growing up, I thought that was enough to merit me heaven. NO. Then I was told to introduce Jesus to others so I could enter His kingdom and so I did in my community. Doing everything and every possible way for God to be known to everyone through creative and effective evangelization. But still, even this does not give me the assurance to enter into God's kingdom. In the Gospel, even Peter, was not sure where they will be and he asked the Lord. And He said to him that those who have given up any attachments of the world for the sake of his kingdom is the key to entering heaven.

What are those that I have not given up in the world that would keep me away from God's kingdom. And I would say, there still are many. The desires of richness, success, beauty, family, love and even caprices. Things that I have not yet learned to let go of. With these the Lord is telling me to let go of all of these. But the very thing that I Could not let go of is the fear that what I have dreamed of will not be fulfilled. But God says, all things are possible that even a camel could pass through the eye of a needle. I just have to learn to let go of it to be able to allow God to work in this section of my life so I could focus myself more in growing deeper with Him so I may gain the salvation that He has promised to Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment