Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Doctors

July 3, 2010

Matthew 9:9-13

"As Jesus passed on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the customs post. He said to him, "Follow me." And he got up and followed him. While he was at table in his house, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat with Jesus and his disciples. The pharisees saw this and said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" He heard this and said "Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do. Go and learn the meaning of the words, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' I did not come to call the righteous but sinners."

DOCTORS

Doctors are very vital in our society they are the ones that provide healing and ultimately life to those who are wanting it. More often than not, we visit our physicians in times when we are already ailing of pain. We don't usually go for a check up. Only when necessity calls it then we meet with our doctors, only then will we know how grave or mild our sickness is.

'Those who are well do not need a physician. Very appropriate. Working in the creative team, I have observed that the members of the team are the ones who really need a healing. We even fondly call the team as a hospital of the sick for most members have their individual struggles. It is during these sick moments that we call on to Christ, the more sick you become, the tighter your hold is on Him.

As a thought, I am glad that in my life now, I am sick because it allowed me to have a check up with the Lord. The struggles and pains in my life are a way to remind me that every time I am in pain, I need to consult the doctor. The greater the pain, the more meetings I have with my doctor. And just like any other patient, I want all the pains to easily leave me so I can be okey again; just like any patient, I have the fear that the pain would sooner kill me if it does not stop. But when I heard the Lord say, "Follow Me.", I will never hesitate. Just like what Matthew did. I will go and follow him.

For I know that only in following Him will I find the cure to all my ailing. Confident that I am walking with The Doctor, the greatest healer of all. And when pain becomes unbearable, he would be there to soothe it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment