Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Healing God

July 1, 2010

Mt 9:1-8

"He entered the boat, made the crossing and came into his own town. And there people brought to him a paralytic lying on a stretcher. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Courage, child, your sins are forgiven." At that some of the scribes said to themselves, "This man is blaspheming." Jesus knew what they ere thinking, and said, "Why do you harbor evil thoughts? Which is easier to say, 'Your sins are forgive,' or to say, 'Rise and walk'? That you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins" -- he then said to the paralytic, "Rise pick up your stretcher, and go home." He rose and went home. When the crowds saw this they were struck with awe and glorified God who had given such authority to human beings.

HEALING GOD

The man brought to Jesus suffered paralysis and affliction that renders the body parts numb and senseless -In His Steps

Like that man the current state of my life is in paralysis. I have become numb and senseless. This had happened because I choose it to be. I wanted to be numb and senseless to stop feeling the pain; to stop thinking about it; to be able to go on with life; That choice went deeper for I did not know that, that numbness and senselessness will influence all my body parts. Right now I am in the state of my life that giving up on life is just the best thing to do. I have become paralyzed. I have become stagnant.

I do not want to feel pain so I hardened my heart not knowing that the numbness would infect all the aspects of my life, work, service, and everything. Right now, I am slowly finding a way to be able to regain it all. The happiness; the desire to live; the passion to serve; the purity of heart; the positivity which makes me who I really am.

The gospel struck me and I prayed that God will remove the paralysis; numbness and senselessness in my life. That like in the gospel, He will also tell me "Courage, child, your sins are forgiven." That Jesus will say, "Everything is going to be alright, wait for the fulfillment of my plans for you."

And finally I pray that may I have the patience to wait and the perseverance to go on with life inspite of the many deep holes on the road I am walking secure in the thought that the Lord is walking with me and whatever happens, He will never leave me alone.

1 comment: